This DSG tune can be comfortably paired with a completely stock engine (ECU) all the way up to Stage 3 ECU tune. If the vehicle has a Stage 4 ECU tune, then please choose a Stage 4 DSG tune or request that from us.
This TCU tune increases the torque limit and in most cases lowers the RPM shift points to stay in the best performance and efficiency range. Shifts are smoother and quicker. The gear number indicator is also added to the instrument cluster in most cases.
This is REQUIRED if you want to run a Stage 1 or higher engine tune in in your DSG equipped vehicle.
You CAN use this DSG tune with a stock ECU or Stage 0.5 ECU. It is not required.
This Stage 4 DSG tune should be paired with a Stage 4 or higher ECU tune. It has the same features of the Stage 3 DSG tune, plus the following:
- Higher RPM shift points that take advantage of a larger turbo sustaining more boost at higher RPM. Not recommended for Stage 3 and smaller turbos.
- Further increased clutch clamping pressure (note: DSG clutch adaptation is required, see below).
This is REQUIRED with a Stage 4 or custom engine tune in in your DSG equipped vehicle.
You CAN use this DSG tune with a stock ECU or Stage 0.5 ECU. However, due to stronger clutch clamping pressure, you may feel firmer shifts than a Stage 3 DSG tune.
- After flashing your TCU, you must reset the following parameters in your TCU basic settings (using VCDS or similar)
- Reset Clutch Characteristic
- Reset Logging Data for Clutch 1
- Reset Logging Data for Clutch 2
- These parameters must be reset otherwise clutch pressures will not increase